Year: 2005 – 2013
Area: Industrial equipment for aluminum and Paper molding
Problem: Replace a crankshaft mechanical press for the production of paper and aluminum molded trays. Low efficiency, high maintenance and low production capacity are the main problem to solve.
Solution: Development of a new servo press with the following key-benefits:
- Increase the speed of production
- Reduce downtime for tooling changeover
- Increase the reliability of the molds
- Reduce the cost of maintenance of the machine
- Reduce noise in the production departments
- Minimum use of mechanical components
It combines the power of hydraulic presses at the speed of eccentric mechanical presses with higher efficiency.
The reliability achieved today has determined the total success of the project. Numerous presses are working for 8/24 hours a day at a rapid average of 60/80 strokes per minute. With over 50,000,000 cycles performed to date, the first prototype built did not require any kind of servicing caused by mechanical components wearing, or under-sizing of the components.
- Custom-made calculation software
- 3D CAD modelling
- Welded and machined steel frame
- Danaher-motion High power Servo motor programming
- SIEMENS PLC, high speed Cam controller
- FESTO and CAMOZZI advanced pneumatic system on Profibus network
- Aluminum modular frame design